Green Structure Housing works extensively with FEMA and other disaster relief causes. They are always looking for help. In fact, according to Barbra, there are open positions in Pennsylvania, Florida, and Texas now available. Read more at Business Insider.
You may not be open to building a new home for someone who has lost theirs. However, there are other efforts you can make to ensure the next disaster is not so bad. According to Barbara Stokes and GSH, there are 5 tips to help ensure a proactive solution towards disasters
1) You need to get involved with training before the next one happens. Failing to do so will result in rash judgments and mistakes being made. You need to go through proper training to ensure you know what to do next time.
2) Do you know that making a monetary donation is more than appreciated? Any donation is accepted. Donations between $10-500 will serve between 1 person and more than a thousand.
3) You can also help out reputable agencies, including GSH. You need to know they are legit before you agree to help them out. There are a lot of agencies that will pop up. They say they will help and then they do not. You need to support a reliable source. Read more about Barbara Stokes at WDRB.com.
4) You can help get the necessary supplies to the ones in need. GSH is already an established agency. You can be part of the platform that offers reliable help. Not something that is more or less a flash in the pan.
5) You need to send the supplies required. Proper training ensures you only send out what is requested. There are a lot of people who want to help. They get so excited they forget to ask what is needed and what is not. The training that GSH offers will give you the basics you need to get to work.
Get in touch with Barbra today to find out how you can help those in need.